An opportunity has arisen for a part time Finance Assistant to join an exciting and versatile creative company based in Manchester. The role is for 15 hours per week ideally spread over 2 days but some flexibility is possible.
The candidate will be responsible for the accounting of the trading subsidiary of Inner City Music Ltd – Band on the Wall Trading Ltd.
· Sales Ledger - daily processing of sales invoices, credits and receipts.
· Credit Control - produce and send monthly statements, calling debtors on the telephone, dealing with queries and disputes from the debtors in a systematic manner.
· Cash Takings - daily accounting for the cash takings from the venue box office and bars.
· Purchase Ledger - daily processing of purchase invoices (which includes having invoices approved by appropriate person) credit notes, dealing with queries.
· Bank - daily inputting of sales and cash receipts, paying suppliers or cash purchases and daily reconciliations of bank accounts.
· Nominal Ledger - Inputting and recording of journal entries, control account reconciliations.
· Year End - maintain book-keeping to audit standard, preparing for year end and working with auditors to supply information required for annual audit. Completion of year end procedures.
· Payroll - calculation and processing of the casual staff payroll.
· Other duties - any other duties as directed by the Finance Manager, including admin support.
· To work with the entire staff team to support and deliver their strategic and creative vision.
Skills and Experience
· Working towards AAT qualification or at least two years’ experience as bookkeeper / finance assistant.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a diverse team.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.Interest in working in a creative environment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a application form