Band on the Wall is not-for-profit, and has been owned and operated by registered charity Inner City Music since 1984.
Inner City Music celebrates music and its power to engage, inspire and unify. In our venue Band on the Wall and through our wider programmes and activities, we enable all people to discover, explore, enjoy, and participate in the best music from around the world.
We work to:
- Promote and celebrate the best music of many cultures, particularly showcasing jazz, folk, reggae, soul, latin, afro, funk, blues and other traditional and cultural music from across the world.
- Manage and operate the iconic live music venue Band on the Wall; maintaining its local, national and internationalreputation as a centre of excellence and innovation through our world-class artistic programmes which celebrate music from across the globe, and through our commitment to support and develop the best of emerging local talent.
- Serve our local communities and musicians by delivering learning programmes that integrate our artistic programmes. These will be open to people of all ages and backgrounds in a mission to establish Band on The Wall as a central space for all the city’s communities to learn about the multiple music heritages of the city.
- Champion cultural diversity and promote equality by proactively seeking to reflect our communities in our programmes, participants, audiences, workforce and governance.
- Remove physical and psychological barriers to access by providing the best possible facilities and environment for D/deaf and disabled people and seeking feedback to inform ongoing evaluation and improvement in this area.
- Improve public knowledge of the rich musical heritage of Band on the Wall and its importance to the social and cultural history of Manchester by providing access to our extensive archive and committing to its ongoing development.
You Can Help
By making an individual donation or becoming a member, you can support Band on the Wall’s charitable objectives and learning programmes:
For just £30 per year you can support Band on the Wall’s charitable work, and receive the following benefits:
- 20% off gig tickets, merch and releases from our record label*
- 15% off food and drink*
- Complimentary tickets to at least three events per year for you and a friend (worth up to £75)**
*Subject to availability. Band on the Wall-promoted shows at Band on the Wall only.
Discount on food and drink applies before 7pm.
One discounted ticket per member.
**Selected by Band on the Wall, non-transferable.
We are actively seeking new partners to join us on our journey to a new, expanded Band on the Wall. Please contact us now to discuss bespoke sponsorship opportunities.