Band on the Wall wishes to appoint an experienced and skilled evaluation consultant or consultant team to undertake the evaluation of its ambitious Keep on Moving project funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. The evaluation will focus on its learning and participation programme.
The project focuses on the musical and cultural heritage of the neighbourhoods of New Cross, Ancoats and the city centre area that is now known as the Northern Quarter, of which Band on the Wall and Cocozza are one of the few remaining buildings.
In particular it will look at the musical traditions rooted in some of the migrant communities who have previously called the area home, exploring the impact of music on the development of Manchester’s diverse communities over the last two centuries.
The successful applicant will deliver a comprehensive project evaluation, which is to include baseline, interim and summative reporting with actions and recommendations throughout the life of the project. This will be in line with current Heritage Fund guidance on evaluation and we are keen to explore robust yet engaging methods of capturing feedback and impact which could include film, sound and music as well as clear and concise reports for internal and external dissemination.
The work will be carried out in four phases, from start of project in June/July 2019 to the end of the project in March 2023. This to enable us to capture baseline information and to be able to act on feedback during the life of projects as well as gaining summative information to feed into the next phase of our learning and community programming.
A total of £16,000 is available for this work, which will take place over four financial years.
Please provide the following information (in a maximum of six single sides of A4 portrait (excluding front cover and contents page):
- Your approach and methodology
- A proposed timetable of your work, including appropriate milestones and dates, taking into account the work will be undertaken throughout this four-year project.
- Costings to carry out the evaluation, including a daily rate and work plan plus any other associated costs.
- Details of members of your team, if any, with an explanation of individual roles, responsibilities and relevant experience
- Experience of similar work, including examples where appropriate of experience of evaluative research for Heritage Fund learning and community programmes
- Experience of working with different culture and arts organisations, community and learning agencies and groups, and our target audiences
- Declaration and confirmation of Insurances held form
Closing date: 5pm Friday 2nd August 2019. Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.