Band on the Wall aims to provide access to great music at good prices with quality food and drink. The values of the organisation have always been about providing these elements with minimal impact on the environment and consideration about the ethics of how we do things and who we deal with.
We recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. As a consequence of this the management are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. Environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance.
Aims and Objectives
- We will implement our policies through a coordinated environmental management system.
- We will ensure that all employees are aware of the environmental policy statement through a programme of training.
- We will actively promote open discussions with interested parties in relation to environmental matters.
- We will strive for continual improvement in our environmental performance.
- We will reduce the amount of waste we produce per product output.
- We will annually review are environmental objectives.
- We will meet the requirements of all relevant legislation and where practicable will exceed these requirements.
- We will conserve resources through efficiency and careful planning.
- We will dispose of waste appropriately and recycle as much as is possible.
Inner City Music Ltd is a registered charity, we have a duty to maintain an ethical stance. There are certain industries that we should avoid working with as customers hiring or using the venue and facilities. Our suppliers reflect this.
- We will not deal with those involved in the production, sale or distribution of arms and ammunition.
- We will not deal with those who are involved in the exploitation of non-sustainable resources in forestry and/or in the agricultural, mining and fuel industries.
- We will not deal with those who exploit the individual and/or who do not respect those basic human rights enshrined in the European Convention for Human Rights.
We support Fairtrade, local suppliers and an environmentally efficient approach. There are steps to be made in all areas but the environmental strategy and action plan plus other accompanying policies set out our commitment to a sustainable future.
To fulfil these aims and objectives we choose our suppliers carefully: