If you’re coming to a gig at Band on the Wall this Christmas, could you pop a tin of beans in your handbag or a bar of soap in your pocket? While the festive season brings joy to many, for others it can be a time of loneliness, hardship and depression.
Every Christmas we collect items for Manchester’s homeless and those suffering in poverty. This year we are working with local charity Mustard Tree. When people are in crisis Mustard Tree offer food, clothing and other provisions.
In the run-up to Christmas Mustard Tree urgently needs donations of the following items to sustain their services:
Non Perishable Food & Drink
- Canned meat, tinned fish, baked beans, tinned vegetables, tomatoes, soup, tinned spaghetti hoops/shapes, chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils.
- Tea, instant coffee, squash, pop, sugar, margarine, jam, marmalade.
- Pasta, rice, noodles, tinned fruit, rice pudding, cereals, biscuits, snack bars, crisps.
- Socks, underwear, gloves, hats, scarves.
- Soap, bubble bath, shampoo/shower gel (small bottles), toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand cream, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, perfume, aftershave etc.