Shake Rattle & Roll Summer 2015
25 April - 04 July / 10:00 - 11:50 / More Info / £5 per family, per session
Explore instruments, create sounds, sing songs, dance, move, socialise and make a big noise!
These sessions give children the opportunity to explore, learn and build musical skills and understanding. They also give parents a chance to learn new songs and lots of musically interactive activities and games to continue to sing and play at home.
The mornings have two sessions, each 50 minutes long. They are led by the brilliant Beth Bishop with musical support from Gemma and Sophie and take place in the Picturehouse Cafe/Bar at Band on the Wall. The first session (10am) is designed for ages 0-2 and the second (11am) is for ages 2-4, both with parents. Feel free to attend whichever session is best for you. The age range is flexible.
Shake, Rattle and Roll includes some original songs, and lots of old favourites! The sessions have become very popular with parents who want to enjoy a music experience with their little one in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. There are lots of instruments to explore and lots of new friends to meet!
Instruments, changing facilities, floor mats, comfy chairs & refreshments are all provided!
These music sessions can:
- Help to develop communication, language and speech
- Improve coordination and motor skills
- Build social skills (amongst parents too!)
- Encourage self-confidence and self-awareness
- Support exploration, play and learning in a safe environment
- Promote the parent / child bond with activities to do at home
They incorporate dance, movement and actions, use toys, puppets and props!
Above all they are a fun activity for families to share!
Beth Bishop has worked as a music leader since 2002 specialising in Early Years and working widely with children and young people. She has composed songs, created and resourced her own programmes and has run training for other professionals in Early Years music provision.
- Venue: The Picturehouse at Band on the Wall
- Days: Saturdays
- Session 1: 10.00-10.50am (age 0-2)
- Session 2: 11.00am-11.50pm (age 2-4)
- Dates: April 25th. May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd. June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th. July 4th.
NO NEED TO BOOK.
£5 per session (all prices are per family group). Please pay session organiser when you arrive.