The renovated Band on the Wall seeks to maximise access for disabled people, whether customers, performers, staff or participants.
There is level access to:
- The main venue ground floor (slight down gradient as you enter main door)
- The adjacent Picturehouse ground floor
- Education rooms (via lift at Picturehouse ground floor)
- Recording studio (via lift)
- Audio- visual studio (via lift)
- Band on the Wall offices (via lift)
- The stage (via Picturehouse ground floor)
- Artists’ dressing rooms (via lift) with adjacent adapted toilet & shower room
- First floor offices of GMMAZ, Music Leader & Sing Up (via lift & incline stair lift, 1.5M)
There is a step between the Picturehouse ground floor and the main venue ground floor; however, this can be avoided either by exiting from the Picturehouse and re- entering the main venue (red door) or via a lobbied ramp between the two spaces. For this latter option, ask at the bar for assistance.
There is an induction loop in the foyer.
There are adapted toilets on all floors.
The Picturehouse is bright, well-lit for most gigs and airy
Band on the Wall – the venue, has darker décor, with variable light levels
If you are a wheelchair user and require a personal assistant to attend with you, please contact Gawain Forster, Operations Manager on 0161 830 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Assistants gain free access, though one week's prior notice is preferred.
Band on the Wall aims to have all its staff trained to assist people with disabilities.
Feedback on access issues is welcomed: please email Gawain Forster at email@example.com to whom queries should also be directed. Alternatively phone our admin number 0161 834 1786
You may also wish to download our Visitor & Access Guide.
Please give us feedback on this service - either by email or if you wish on trip advisor or Euan's Guide